Monday, April 30, 2012
Friday, April 27, 2012
The original lace pattern annoyed me to no end and didn't look like the pictures, so I made up my own (simpler) version. It basically looks almost the same, but knits up much easier. I chose a cabled cast-on and it looks gorgeous. When it came to casting off, I had hoped to find a pretty technique that could match the cabled cast-on, but hours of googling left me with nothing that looked good on garter stitch. My crazypants solution was to cast on the same amount of stitches with the pretty cabled cast-on and grafting it to the jacket. It was worth it (that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).
Look at that back! Oooh... Also, I did a little trick with the neckline that I absolutely love. One extra stitch and a slipping technique gave me that gorgeous unbroken column of stitches running along the top (picture below). I learned that one from the baby "bunting bag" I did last fall. Details, as usual, on my Ravelry page.
Oh, and by the way: I've tweaked the HTML coding so that I can have these lovely big pictures! :) :) I love it and it looks fine from this end, but if you're having trouble viewing the blog, feel free to leave me a note.