Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beaded Candle Flame Cowl

In search of a christmas gift that needed to be done in less than a week, I came across this one. The cute pattern is slightly familiar, and I had some suitable yarn leftover from previous projects.
I actually gave this a very careful steam blocking before wrapping it up in pretty christmas paper, and have no photos of it after blocking. The difference is minimal, but just enough to feel a tiny bit looser around the neck.
-
The pattern is elastic and has a natural flare at the top and bottom, which is perfect! On a whim, I decided to add golden 6/0 beads to the top two candleflame tips. The yarn is dark, and I’m not sure it’s really her favourite colour exactly, so I figured the sparkle could lighten things up. :) Details on my Ravelry page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)