Monday, March 23, 2015

Oceanspray edging scarf

I love the edging of the triangular shawl Oceanspray, but the body is a bit on the dull side for me. But then I came across this project and realised there was a way to utilise that edging in a different way! I've added a garter stitch border where the main body would be, it is widest at the centre and tapers towards the edges. This, along with some intentionally curved blocking, helps create a crescent shape that falls nicely over the shoulders.
-
For the details on how I modified the pattern, please visit my Ravelry project page.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)