I've been dying to try out some kraft paper lately, but have been patiently (ok, not so patiently, in fact I checked my mail box twice some days) on some supplies. This is what I made in the meantime, using the awesome JilliBean Soup papers. And by now it should have arrived at its destination. Congratulations Torunn!
Ok, I have to admit something. I'm absolutely awful at tying bows. Really. They look horrible, uneven and always tilted at an akward angle... My solution, as in this case, is to build a bow from separate elements. This one is made from three strands of ribbon folded and glued in strategic places. Doesn't look too bad, right? But quite time-consuming and I'm always afraid they'll fall apart. I need to get myself one of those bow-easy-template-thingies... Or make one! ;) This gorgeous ribbon from Stoff og Stil deserves a perfect presentation. I can't wait to use the blue one I bought. :)
With the bow in place, the only other embellishments that fit were some glass beads and a felt crown. And then I went to town with my white Sakura GellyRoll... What can I say, the card just needed that brightness and I didn't have the good sense to stop once I got started. Too late to hold back now! ;)
As a contrast to the very matte look of the kraft paper, and to create some depth, I sprayed the edges with some Perfect Pearls (Perfect Bronze) powder mixed with water in a Mini Mister. It turned out to be completely impossible to show the true depth effect when photographing it, but this picture gives at least a little hint.
Have A Magical Day
2 hours ago