Friday, September 19, 2014
I wanted something complicated as a contrast to a garter stitch project I had started at the same time, and complicated is truly what I got. That edging was no walk in the park! I had not one, but two lifelines in my knitting until that edging was done, and I needed them both on a couple of occasions... In contrast, the main body was done in three intensive knitting days.
It's big and airy, with incredibly open lace, a challenging edging and a much easier main body. I loved this project even though it had many long rests. Tricky thing to photograph too, I can't seem to get the colour right in any of my pictures. It's darker and less pink than in the pictures below.
Ravelry page for the details.