Monday, April 6, 2015

Chalice scarf

I’ve never knitted with linen before, but Line by Sandes Garn is a linen-cotton blend that I’ve seen used successfully in lace patterns so I gave it a go and it worked well. The pattern, Chalice, is actually a baby blanket, but was easily modified to a scarf. For the details, have a look on my Ravelry project page.
-
I added clear faceted beads in a triangular pattern at each edge. Even though the yarn is lovely, it just needed that little sparkle of light.
-
A provisional cast on enabled me to work the pattern seamlessly from the centre of the scarf towards the edges. This means the pattern is offset by half a stitch in the centre, but I think it looks pretty good. Much better than a seam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)