Friday, September 24, 2010

Branching out

"Branching Out" was a nice change from the no-brainers I've done lately. Knitting lace is definitely something I'd like to do again! One of the things I like with this pattern is that the two ends of the scarf match so well, even though one end shows the pattern upside down. Check out my Ravelry page for details.
-
The pattern is only five rows long, but for some reason I was completely unable to memorize it... Strange. At least it got a lot easier to do after the first few repetitions! And that's a good thing. I spent quite a bit of time fixing things at first, being unfamiliar with the stitches and losing yarn-overs because of the clingy yarn...
-
The thin mohair yarn makes the scarf really light and breezy - and still quite warm actually. The lace is remarkably visible, even though I blocked it very carefully. In fact, as I pinned it down I wondered if it was any point at all... But trust me, it's definitely worth it!
-

1 comment:

  1. Nydelig, nydelig! :D
    Du har gjort en vanvittig jobb! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)