Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

When I saw these cards over at Helen's Craft Haven, I immediately knew I had to try something like that. They were so clean and simple, but so beautiful! And then my good friend Krissie beat me to it, but she was inspired by Judy's card, made with kraft paper instead of white cardstock. And I was sold. Expect to see more of this soon! Now, have I remembered to credit everyone involved in this? Funny how an idea can appear to several people at once and spread so far so quickly. It has to be said that these cards look much better in person.
-
I couldn't help but stamping this one on a small piece and matting it with some blue cardstock, mostly because I wanted to try out the technique without ruining half a sheet of kraft paper... But I like the way the frame brings out the blue colour in "ART" anyway, so it all worked out nicely. I've used Prisma pencils and some shimmering chalk to colour the Tim Holtz stamp.
-

Clean and simple inside - well, I might have gone a bit overboard with the stamping here. It's a brand new stamp and I got a bit carried away. ;) I've used Versamark watermark inkpad and the brilliant Elzybell's white pigment pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)