Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas traditions: advent calendar

Not much activity here on this little blog lately... I'm making christmas gift by the dozen - and, for understandable reasons, I want to keep them secret for now. Expect lots and lots of posts after christmas! ;) Thank you all for visiting, even if I don't have much new to show you yet!
-
But I'd like to give you something to look at while you wait. Those of you who have been here for a year or more have seen this before, but a little rerun isn't all that bad, is it? ;) Last year I made an advent calendar and shared the pages throughout December, and I've really been looking forward to bringing the calendar out on display this year too. I scrapped one 12"x12" page for each day - and I'd like to show you some of my favourites. If you like what you see, here's the link to the whole set of posts, where there are detail photos, material lists and more general info on each page.
-
December 4th, one of the few pages with flowers. I could go on and on about that DP, it's so gorgeous...
-
A simpler, two-tone layout, with a poem that starts out so pretty and cute, and ends in a naughty surprise. ;)
-
After a little digging in my parent's albums I found this photo of myself as St.a Lucia at six years of age. I cleaned it up and made this layout about bringing light into the darkness.
-
Ok, so there wasn't that much snow, it was just absolutely everywhere... My poor car was just spraypainted with the stuff. Sometimes you should just stay inside.
-
A clean, simple layout with one lovely picture. I need a change from the embellishment overload sometimes, and this one does the trick.
-Ahem... Did I say embellishment overload?? ;) Well, sometimes more is more. I also like this one for its quote about the "little spark of madness".
-

Nearly christmas! This layout is among the last, and echoes the first page and its focus on time.
-
So if you'd like to see more, feel free to have a look at the whole set.

1 comment:

  1. I have been featuring an advent calendar on my blog..... it has been fun, but your calendar is spectacular. Why didn't I think of it..... yours is a treasure you can keep it from year to year.

    Thanks for bringing it out again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)