Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10th - Joy to the world

This is another layout that doesn't really have that very classic christmas feel. I love to bring in fresh flowers around the holidays and that is reflected in this LO I suppose. I used red and white flowers to cover those parts of the PP that had yellow colours, so that red and white were the dominant flower colours. Then there's the snowflake PP and the price tag that reads " Joy to the world". There are actually a few snow flake die cuts here as well, but they are in a pale turqoise-green colour and I have trouble seeing them myself even if I know they're there! ;)
-
Stickles and Liquid Pearls details in the image, which is coloured with Prismacolor pencils.
-
December 10th, get it? ;) I haven't been able to use this stamp as often as I'd like... I might add a little circle around the "Des" to bring more attention to it... Maybe. Notice that I've gone over the edge of my circles with black StazOn - it may seem like an insignificant detail, but it really made a difference in making them fit into the design of the PP.
-
These flowers are so wonderful and rich in detail! I've sprayed them lightly with some Perfect Pearls Interference green mixed in water so they have a slight sheen.
-
Papers: DCVW Doodlin' around the year stack
Embellishments: Flowers from Papirloftet/North Star Stamps/Bazzill/stash, tag from Bikuben, Sissix snow flake dies
Other: Black StazOn, Stickles Star Dust, Liquid Pearls White Opal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)