Friday, July 30, 2010

Meet Arnold Palmer

Hello blogworld, meet Arnold Palmer. Or, to be exact, Arnold Palmer Tee! So named because it was the favourite drink of an American golfer by that name, apparently. It is made from half iced tea, half lemonade, and it is delicious. :)
-
I first met this Arnold Palmer at a blog called Framed following a Google search for minted lemonade. Her recipe was my starting point, but since frozen lemonade concentrate is something I've never seen or heard of, I had to improvise a bit.
-
I started by making tea as specified in the Framed recipe. While it was cooling I made a simple syrup and mixed together a strong lemonade following this recipe at Food Network (but skipped the mint, as I already had it in the tea). Then it was all a matter of adjusting the proportions . The amounts in the recipes must be considered only a guideline - the amount of simple syrup, for example, will have to be adjusted to suit the acidity of your lemons and to your own taste. Either I had very acidic lemons or a serious sweet tooth... I wonder which, haha. :P
This drink tastes wonderful and intense when made of equal parts iced tea and lemonade, but if you're looking for a real thirst quencher, I'd water it down a little first. Serve over lots and lots of ice on a hot day. Oh, and you can always spike it with a splash of Limoncello if you like. Yum.
-
The two vintage milk bottles with tea and lemonade (and a small bottle of simple syrup for extra sweetening) are now sitting in my fridge, ready to be made into an Arnold Palmer Tee or other summery drinks whenever I desire. Enjoy!
-
PS: Totally unrelated: I just noticed that my previous post was my post number 300! I've only been blogging for a year and a half, so that seems like a pretty decent number to me. Here's to another 300! *raising my glass of Arnold Palmer Tee*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)