Saturday, July 17, 2010

You are invited!

For once, I'm going to celebrate my birthday! I probably haven't done that since... oh, since I was a teenager or something like that. The compulsory (and nice!) family dinners excluded of course. Why? I don't really know. This year will be a bit different, apparently! ;) I've had this party idea floating around in my head for some time, and when I finally decided to do something about it, it all came together pretty fast. I hope my friends will enjoy themselves - I'm certainly looking forward to it! :)
-

Invitations? Seriously? That is definitely a first. And, admittedly, I invited most of them by text message first. But there was a practical reason for the invitations as well. My guests needed directions to our cabin, as none of them have ever been there before, and it's much too complicated to explain in a text message... So I printed the directions and included them inside the card.
-
"Friendship makes the soul blossom." A gorgeous stamp from one of my Stempelglede sets, stamped directly on the DP using StazOn Timber Brown. You can see that this card is easy to mass produce. Using a landscape 10x15 cm format enabled me to get excactly three card bases from one sheet of kraft paper. The Bazzill Parakeet paper was cut to 10x15 cm as well (=six cards from one sheet of paper!), then punched with an MS border punch on both long sides to make a nicely proporsioned mat for the various pink DPs. The cute green ribbon from Stoff og Stil matches the Parakeet paper so well you wouldn't believe it! Two Prima Hydrangea flowers with a glass bead are the only other decorational elements.
-
As for the inside of the cards, I simply used leftover strips of the pink DPs and more of the green ribbon to decorate. A Penny Black text stamp saying "Friends have a wonderful way of showing us what really matters" was stamped in white on one side, and I wrote the actual invitation by hand on the other with my white Sakura pen.
-
This first batch of invitations were made using paper from three BG paper pads and the MME Wild Asparagus pad. I considered buying pink DPs so all invitations looked the same, but decided to choose papers from my stash. It's not like I don't have enough to choose from - and it goes nicely with the romantic, whimsical theme that seems to have emerged for this party. I'll be sharing more pictures and DIY projects for my party later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)