Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby Alida (and baby socks #20)

Uhm... I seem to remember saying something about trying this layout with some lucious, dark papers... And here's what I did instead. ;) Oh well. I like this card better than the last one though. There are few differences really, but with such a clean and simple layout even the smallest change is immediately visible. The papers are K&Co Wedding Collection, the letters QK Eliza Mini. I spent almost a whole Prima pearl swirl package, but they look awesome - especially when teamed with some pale pink roses and buds and a baby bear charm. The edges were inked with Distress Ink Tattered Rose.
-
I call these the Mykland socks, as I made the recipe based on a 25-30 year old pair of socks I borrowed from a member of that family. Thanks again Krissie! The recipe has been continously changed to suit different yarns and to make a larger size I can give to summer babies. This particular pair is made with multi-coloured Lanett yarn, and I love the look. Other variations from the past include the classic natural white or multi-coloured blue, and a very very bright green pair. ;) You can also find these socks on my Ravelry page.
-
In my hurry to finish the card I accidently wrote a sentiment before snapping a photo, sorry. The sentiment stamp inside is a nice one by Penny Black: "Babies are such a nice way to start people".

2 comments:

  1. Nyyyyydelig kort! :D Det ble jo helt supert med hele den swirlen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Nydelig kort, ja! Heldige Alida! (ikke noe sted å trykke like her..?!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)