Sunday, February 20, 2011

Testing, testing... One! Two!

I'm still at it with my new aquarel pencils! Another three mini cards, this time with stamps in three very different styles.
The easiest to colour by far is the first one. Just lay in two colours in each letter and blend with a moist brush. Easy, but I get the exact same appearence with my Prismas.
The middle stamp has large, open spaces and I really worked hard to get a soft, pale look while still having some depth in the shading. It looks better than my first attempt, but still leaves a lot to be desired. This is also the look that's most difficult to achieve when using Prismas and what I hoped I could use the aquarel pencils for.
The last one is a detailed stamp, but what still gives me headaches are those pesky flowers... Leaves are easy, petals tricky. Again, it's the shading and blending that gets to me.
Ok, I see some improvement, and I've found that some techniques work better than others. I still prefer my Prismas, without question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)