Tuesday, February 22, 2011

White wedding

Most of my wedding cards are white with one accent colour - but I've been wanting to do an all-white wedding card for a while. Now, that's a bit tricky, especially when there are supposed to be readable names on it, but I just couldn't resist. I was a bit apprehensive with my first result, added glitter and still didn't quite like it, so I added another layer - and more glitter... Too much of a good thing is wonderful - right?
-
Since there's no colour variation here, I made the card all about texture, structure and glitter. I embossed some white cardstock and layered it with white Magic Mesh and two intertwined QK hearts and splurged on a huge Prima flower complete with pearl center and feathers. Matting the Bazzil Bling with another layer of white cardstock was a simple trick to create a frame without using colour. White on white on white! ...on white on white on white on - well you get the point. :P The letters and corner swirl got a liberal coating of Glossy Accents to give them more dimension and help them stand out from the background.
-
When in doubt, add glitter. Does glitter count as a colour? Because in that case, this is no longer just a white card. There's enough glitter on this thing to warrant the use of strong sunglasses for sure. Not only does Stickles Star Dust cover the embossed cardstock, the flower, the corner swirl and the edges of the cardstock, but there's also the dominant use of Bazzil Bling, and if that's not enough, I doused the whole thing with heaps of Glimmermist Pearl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment! I read and enjoy every single one! :)
Because of a sudden surge of spam lately, I've decided to disable anonymous comments, in hope of eliminating the problem. Thank you for your patience. :)